Sunday, November 13, 2011

Death is a new beginning

In about 45 minutes I'm going to be teaching my students about death. There has been a tragic accident recently involving a good friend of mine from High School. He was on his honeymoon taking a helicopter ride with his wife and the helicopter crashed and they both died. Two other deaths that people very close to me are dealing with has inspired me to teach on this topic. The reality is that every student will have to face this issue in their lives. Eventually someone close to them will die and it will pave the way for hard questions. I hope that this lesson will teach my students that Jesus is someone they can go to when this happens.

The BIG IDEA this morning is that Jesus turns death into life. As Gungor expresses it in their new album "When death dies, all things live"

If you are a youth pastor how often do you teach on death?
I would love to know how you approach this with your students. Especially the middle school students.








No comments:

Post a Comment