Monday, August 29, 2011

Faithfulness


I am in the mood to blog about faith. Yesterday I decided that I would write down specific times in which I stepped out in faith. I feel like sometimes I have little faith when God asks me to do big things. I know it seems like I am self promoting but I need to be reminded of God's faithfulness.

It was an act of faith when I put my trust in Jesus Christ for eternal life in 2003. If I didn’t experience the love of Jesus Christ through a batch of cookies I wouldn’t be where I am now. My faith was built on His love.  

The time I moved out to Lancaster in 2007 to go to college. With only enough money to pay for one semester it was an audacious act of faith to pack up my 91 nissan and head across the state anyway. God provided me a place to live and a job at one of the best churches in the country.

It was extremely hard to forgive a relative for all the verbal and physical abuse that I was put through growing up. When her past sins were no longer in between us I couldn’t wait to give her a hug. It was my faith in the healing power of God’s love that continues to set me free from broken relationships.    

When my fiancĂ© and I broke off our engagement in September of 2008 it was an act of faith. After asking Jesus to heal our 4-year relationship for so long I trusted that God had a better plan for me.   

I quit my job at UPS in January of 2009. Giving up a secure paycheck and scholarship for school, along with a loan repayment plan was a move that took faith. I didn’t know exactly what I was going to get but I knew that God’s plan for me was way more important than making money.

God,
I pray that today's encounters build my faith in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment